Why not start your day with a breakfast grazing platter (a.k.a. grazing board)? I love to make these creative and typically healthy dishes for guests. They are perfect because they can be served buffet style, which saves you from having to do all the work at once! Today I’m sharing a few different breakfast grazing platter ideas that you’ll definitely want to try.
Breakfast (or brunch) is a fun meal, but and if you’re looking to serve something special, it can be a challenge to create the perfect menu. You want something delicious and also beautiful so your guests will feel welcome in your home.
I’ve gathered some fun and delicious ideas for breakfast grazing platters that are sure to delight every one of your guests. These recipes are easy enough for even novice cooks to prepare and they look great on any table!
These creative breakfast grazing boards will have you looking like a pro when entertaining friends or family members this holiday season (or for any occasion).
Your guests will be delighted by these tasty offerings and you’ll love how simple they are to make!
What is a grazing platter or grazing board?
A grazing board is simply a board or platter filled with small dishes that can be eaten as part of a meal. The name comes from the idea of grazing, which is to slowly eat small amounts of food throughout the day.
This style of eating is perfect for those who want to enjoy several different flavors and textures without feeling too heavy or stuffed. Most grazing platters include a mix of sweet and savory dishes.
For breakfast, this often includes such ingredients as fruit, yogurt, granola, or cereal bars (sweet), alongside cheese slices, vegetables like cucumber and tomatoes (savory). You can also add items like hard-boiled eggs to the mix for extra protein.
It’s all about thinking of the breakfast foods you love and combining them in new ways!
What makes a breakfast grazing platter?
It’s helpful to think about the different elements when creating your own.
Fruit: Fruit is a must-have for me on any breakfast platter. You can go with fresh fruit, dried fruit, or even fruit preserves.
Bread: Choose a variety of bread to include on your platter- like croissants, pancakes, waffles muffins, bagels, and toast.
Nuts or seeds: Some tasty options include chopped almonds, pepitas (pumpkin seeds), and sunflower seed kernels. I also like to add chia seeds because they’re an easy way of adding protein and fiber!
Protein: Adding some form of protein is a great way to make sure you start your day off right! This could be in the form of yogurt, cheese slices, sausage, or even perfectly cooked hard-boiled eggs.
Dips: Dips are a great way to add flavor and extra moisture if you have some bread on your platter that might be dry. I usually stick with hummus for its creamy texture, but salsa is another good option.
Sauces: Look for complementary sauces like a fruit compote, maple syrup (for pancakes), or even ketchup if it works with your dish.
Why You’ll Love Breakfast Grazing Platters
1. Breakfast grazing platters are perfect for hosting because they can be made ahead of time.
2. For the best results, choose a variety of ingredients that will tantalize the taste buds. This could include sweet and savory items, as well as different sauces, dips, and nuts/seeds.
3. A grazing platter is a fun way to start the day because it allows you to enjoy several flavors and textures at once. Be sure to add some form of protein for staying power!
4. The most important part of a breakfast grazing platter is to have fun with it. Choose your favorite ingredients and put them together in a way that makes you happy.
The Best Breakfast Grazing Platters
The best dishes are those that make you feel like a kid again. These grazing platters will have you salivating as soon as they come into view! You can use these ideas to create your own unique breakfast buffet, or just for fun on a Sunday morning with some friends.
Try one of these recipes to create a delicious breakfast grazing platter for your guests. They’ll feel so special!
More Recipe Ideas You’ll Love
- How to Cook Boiled Eggs Perfectly Every Time
- 12 of the Best Breakfast Ideas with Biscuits to Make Your Mouth Water
- 16 Delicious Breakfast Ideas with Pancake Mix | Easy Recipes You’ll Love
- The Ultimate Guide on How to Make a Delicious Charcuterie Board
I hope these ideas have been helpful and given you some inspiration for breakfast grazing platters of your own.
Be sure to share this post with the buttons below, as well as any pictures or recipes that you’ve made from it! And don’t forget to sign up for our newsletter at the bottom of the page so we can keep in touch on all things food!
Free Printable Charcuterie Board Guide
How to Download
- Just fill out the form below and you’ll receive an email giving you instant access to this free printable.
- If you are already a subscriber, filling out the form won’t affect your subscription, but you will receive the link to download!
Why should I subscribe?
- exclusive coupons and sales to my shop
- updates, challenges, freebies, and exclusive offers
- instant access to subscriber exclusive printables