This simple Oatmeal and Pecan Meatloaf is a great vegetarian alternative to your typical meatloaf. It has a good texture and the sweet ketchup topping is perfect!
This recipe is easy to make and very economical, so I make it quite often. I came up with this one night when I needed a quick and easy recipe for our potluck dinner at church. It is now one of my favorites! I am pretty sure even you meat eaters out there will like this one!
Equipment You Need
Melissa’s Oatmeal and Pecan Meatloaf
- 2 cups oatmeal
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 stick of butter or margarine
- 1 cup pecan meal or ground walnuts
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 12 oz. cottage cheese or mashed tofu
- 2 Tbs. ketchup
- 1 Tbs. mustard
- 2 Tbs. steak sauce
- 1 tsp. ground sage
- 1 packet George Washing Dark Broth or 2 tsp. vegetarian beef style seasoning
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup pancake syrup or brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Saute onion in 1 stick of butter over medium heat until tender but not browned.
- Add oatmeal to onions and continue cooking for 5 more minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients.
- Add onion mixture and combine.
- Grease a 9 x 13 casserole dish and spread mixture into casserole. Spread topping over loaf.
- Bake for 1 hour. Delicious!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 533Total Fat: 36gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 137mgSodium: 894mgCarbohydrates: 37gFiber: 3gSugar: 18gProtein: 19g
What to serve with Meatloaf
- mashed potatoes
- macaroni and cheese
- green beans
- steamed veggies
- scalloped potatoes
- dinner rolls
- broccoli casserole
Be sure to check out my blog post Simple Side Dishes to Complement Any Meal for more ideas on what to serve with this Oatmeal Pecan Meatloaf.
I hope you enjoy this recipe! Let me know in the comments below if you try the recipe! Be sure to share this recipe for Oatmeal Pecan Meatloaf using the buttons below!