Meal planning is made so much easier when you use themed dinner ideas. Today I’m sharing some yummy themed dinner ideas for your next Taco Tuesday dinner.
I love themed meal planning because it helps me come up with ideas without thinking too hard and long about it. For instance, when planning your menu for the week, your thought process might look like this:
This Tuesday our themed dinner menu will be Taco Tuesday. What can I make that’s a fun twist on Taco Tuesday?
Be sure to check out The Ultimate List of Themed Dinner Ideas here.
In our household, we’re vegetarian. In fact a large majority of our extended family is vegetarian as well. Sometimes I make vegetarian dinners that are just you know, naturally vegetarian. However, sometimes I take recipes that call for meat and replace the meat with a vegetarian option.
Being a vegetarian has many health benefits.
Vegetarian substitutions for meat:
You’ll find these products in the freezer aisle or health food section of your local grocery store. You can also find these products at most health food stores like Whole Foods.
- ground beef or turkey > vegetarian burger crumbles
- chicken > Quorn Meatless Pieces
- chicken breast > Quorn Meatless Filets
- shredded chicken or pork > canned jackfruit
- beef, chicken, or pork > black beans, pinto beans, or chickpeas
- deli meats > Lightlife Deli Slices
- sausage > Gimme Lean Breakfast Sausage, Field Roast Apple Sage Sausage
Taco Tuesday Themed Dinners
How to plan your menu in 4 easy steps:
- Select your main dish.
- Choose 2 – 3 side dishes that compliment your main dish.
- Think about variety of food groups. Try to choose something from each of the main food groups.
- Focus on providing well rounded, nutritious meals.
28 Main Dish Recipes
These fun and tasty main dishes are the perfect star of your next themed Dinner!
21 Side Dishes Ideas
Use one of these delicious side dish options to round out your meal.
Theme Day Menus: Taco Tuesday
Let’s put it all together. I’ll show you how I would create menus based on the themed dinner ideas I’ve shared above.
related: Wish someone would do all your menu planning for you? Good news! Eat at Home Meal Planning service is a simple solution for busy women just like you.
8 Themed Menu Plans
Several of the main dish recipes above would stand very well on their own without the need for side dishes. However, good side dishes always round out a meal and even help feed a large family – or crowd.
Themed Dinner Idea #1
Themed Dinner Idea#2
Themed Dinner Idea #3
Themed Dinner Idea #4
Themed Dinner Idea #5
Themed Dinner Idea #6
Themed Dinner Idea #7
- Cheesy Taco Lasagna
- garden salad
Themed Dinner Idea #8
Free Printable Meal Planner with Shopping List
How to Download
- Just fill out the form below and you’ll receive an email giving you instant access to this free printable.
- If you are already a subscriber, filling out the form won’t affect your subscription, but you will receive the link to download!
Why should I subscribe?
- exclusive coupons and sales to my shop
- updates, challenges, freebies, and exclusive offers
- instant access to subscriber exclusive printables